Old Goa used to be the capital of the Portuguese colony. Over time the Portuguese build the largest Christian churches in South Asia here in Goa. Eventually due to mayor outbreaks of cholera the capital was moved in 1843. The churches are nowadays in bad shape but they still reveal the former glory of the Portuguese empire. That makes this town a must see for anyone that has an interest for religious architecture and Catholic history. Find Old Goa about 30 km north east of the port.
Old Goa, Goa